Monday, February 25, 2008

THE LIGHTS WENT OUT


Picture this, you are setting there watching a good move.  All of a sudden it is pitch dark.  The only thing you can see is the pilot light on the gas heater.  Now why didn't I turn the heater on instead of fumbling around in the dark to find a flash light or matches.   After a few minutes I knew I was going to have to go the length of the house to get a flash light that was in my bedroom.  I finally made it, got some light, then lit the two oil lamps.  We are all set with light and one phone that will work.   After a while, I get bored and decide to go to bed.  I make sure all switches are off and as I walk past the wall phone in the den and the red light is flashing.  What!!!  about that time I see little spots of light on the printer, computer screen stand, phone, etc.   I had turned off all the light switches to go to bed and didn't know it had come back on for a few minutes.   Now I am happy, I can turn them all off and go to bed.  Yea.
Oh the life with out electricity.  Have mercy!!

It was off about an hour and a half.  Thank you who ever got it going again.  
Now I will go to bed and listen to the wind blowing a gale that probably caused the problem.

1 comment:

Denise said...

So was this one of those embarrasing moments you usually would want to keep quiet but you put it on your blog??? ;) Just glad you didn't trip over anything... Lovya!!!