Saturday, September 29, 2007

New Room


Well, it took 4 days to paint it, but it sure does look nice.
Now to get the floor taken care of. The carpet has a hole in it where I cut one so I could see if tile was under the carpet. It has some paint on it also for I wasn't very careful since I was getting rid of it.

I hung some things back up, and placed pictures on the shelves. They really do look nice. I can't wait to get the funiture back in and the curtins hung again.

Boy, I am really tired and the ball game is going to waste and me setting here. They only have one more game tomorrow until next year. The RANGERS that is.

The picture was taken a little while after I moved here in 1999. We will see a difference in the next picture when I am finished. :)

The old rocking chair was the one that my daddy always sat in. It is now in the living room.

Duane built the cedar chest for me and I was so proud of it. He also built one for Karen and Kimmie, but he didn't get one built for Kari, so I told her she could have mine. She is real proud of it. He also built a gossip bench out of cedar, that belongs to his other granddaughter, Elizabeth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought when I first saw the picture you were done! I'm anxious now to see what you've done.

Rest up!

Tim and Melissa said...

You had me fooled too. I thought you were taking a pic of a completed room. I thought "The carpet doesn't look that bad."
Oh, well, can't wait to see it.
Love ya
Me

Kari said...

Yes I Do LOVE my cedar chest!!! I cant belive its been that long since you moved here!! :) Seems like only yesterday Pepa had that lizard crawling across his shoulder in yall's backyard in Austin :)